The Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) is the UK government’s new energy and carbon reporting scheme.
For those already reporting, it is unlikely that meeting the requirements of SECR will be a challenge. SECR compliance is low-cost and hassle-free for users of Carbon Desktop and our partner solutions. Our software automatically captures all data required for SECR. Energy efficiency actions are tracked throughout the year for inclusion in participants’ year-end reporting. Verco also provides a bespoke package, supporting users with all SECR reporting outputs.
We recommend that organisations undertake the following tasks:
- Engage with your financial reporting teams; they will need to include SECR reporting in next year’s Directors’ Report
- Determine your material reporting scope and whether you want to go beyond the minimum
- Map your existing emissions sources to understand what data you will need to collect
- Engage with data owners to plan your data collection strategy
- Use your existing reporting software: Carbon Desktop can automatically capture all data required for SECR